About Me

My photo
I can't live without my mascara (because i have small eyes)... I love good chocolate, good cheese and good wine (especially White Chardonnay)... I love colourful patent leather ballerina from Salvatore Ferragamo (but they ain't have my size and I stil can't afford it)... I like reading (book, magazine and even map)... I like writing (and that's why I'm here)... I love travelling (and always wanted to be a back-packer)... I'm like an active volcano (so don't mess with me)... I have high standards and principles for myself, as well as for others (so sometimes people hate me)...

Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Celebration @ T.G.I Friday

Had a small break for Christmas where I have no class for almost a week. In the midst of strugglin' with my final thesis draft which made me felt like living in hell, I decided to give myself a small indulgence by going to Bandar Utama to look at the beautiful Christmas decoration before it's too late. I like Christmas, one of the reasons is it infuses sense of romanticness, warmth and love in the air, with colourful, huge and creatively decorated Christmas trees! Christmas trees are soooooooooo beautiful!!

(How I wish I can have a chance to celebrate Christmas with real snowman...that would be freakin' great and cool!)

Ok, my plan was to go to Bandar Utama on the 26th, sad huh, post Christmas celebration, haha... whatever... I have "Thesis-mas" (cited in JuliaBao, 2008 :P) but I ended up spending my day at The Curve because 1U was toooooo ( x 1, 000, 000) crowded where all the parking lots were full!

I was like a child, almost like a child from rural area who had never stepped out from the jungle when I reached the Curve. I think I have been locking up myself for quite some time. Haha...
The initial plan was to have some spicy Thai food but he suggested to go for T. G. I Friday, not because of that day itself was a Friday, but I have been naggin' him for ages in order to get to try the food there.

So, upon settling down by a cute Caucasian waiter who speaks English in a speedy Australian (maybe) slang, we took nearly 15 minutes to order the food.




The outdoor dining area at T. G. I Friday, The Curve. Simply love the restaurant's theme in red :) Red is a passionate colour ain't so??





"Come for the Food, Stay for the Fun"... cool tagline! But I don't like the cutlery provided. Looks just .... cheap! The knives look like a butter knife instead (Sorry for being harsh ... I can be very picky even in this kinda thing, beautiful cutlery makes the food taste much better!)






Here comes our drinks ... (left) orange lime slush (which doesn't taste / look orangy) and the blue rasberry slush. Not bad, quite refreshing and thirst quenching but I wonder why can't they use a nicer glass instead of this cheap-looking plastic cup?? (Maybe glass is sorta expensive or the associates are too reckless =.=)





Starter ... Fried calamari ring that comes with the 3-course meal. So-so, not really fantastic and surprising.





Ok, here comes the main course - Dragonfire Chicken with Savoury Rice. Erm, sorry for being harsh again, this main course is a disaster. The rice was terrible and the food presentation sucks! Doesn't this look like nasi kandar from mamak stall? Maybe we made a huge mistake for ordering "rice" in a western food restaurant like this...



Another main course - Sizzling Chicken with cheese. Erm, not bad, because I love cheese and capsicum. But the mashed potato... bleeekkkk!! I hardly ate half of it. Terrible, with no taste all all and why would they sprinkle shallot (green spring onion) on top of the mashed potato? My, I hate shallot!!

Well, personally I had a not-so-pleasant experience in T.G.I Friday and don't quite like it but I know many people who do go crazy about the food there. Well, food, just like love, is always personalized! Maybe I will pay a second visit, provided some one really convinces me that there are really good food to "stay" at! If not, bye... auf wiedersehen... ciao!!!

Waitin' for another food expedition :)

No comments: